Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Tempestus Scions Finished

This squad of Militarum Tempestus Scions was a gift from a friend.  They are done, painted up in the colors of the Psian Jackals, a Scion regiment that specializes in fighting Eldar.  Their homeworld was conquered by Eldar, and they have held a collective grudge against the space elves ever since.
 The bases were made with a mix of rough and fine model railroad ballast and cut-up bits of spare sprue.  The sprue bits I superglued on first, and then spread Elmer's glue on the base and poured the ballast mix over the bases.
I primed the Scions black, and then slowly worked up to lighter colors in layers with Vallejo Game Color paints.  For the subtle lighting on the black armor plates, I mixed black with gray and a touch of blue, adding more gray in the later layers.  I used the same method for the other colors: dark first layer, light second layer.  This method is more exact than painting flats and washes, but it takes a while, even on a 5-man squad.  I use it on my "star" miniatures.  The regular line troops get the quick-and-dirty painting method.
Can't wait to field these guys, especially against my friend's Eldar army.
Las-man #1.
Las-man #2.
Plasma gunner.
Hot-shot volley gun trooper.
Tempestor (fancy sergeant).

No comments:

Post a Comment